Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Mystery box mark II (or 4)

This was my second attempt at the Mystery Box experiment. I used 4 boxes this time and filled the bowls with jelly, which was not only pretty, but also very slimy.
I managed to coax a few people to do the experiment and it was helpful in some respects, but it actually gave me all the information it was going to give me after only a few tries. It was flawed as everyone who I asked to do the experiment knows me and so there was never really any great risk to them and they knew it. However, with Sam, knowing that it was my experiment actually made him see the risks as higher and he outright refused to put his hand into any of the boxes.

Santi - seemed pretty comfortable just going for it


Sam (pictured left) - refused to put his hand in the boxes


Marjan - she eventually talked herself into going for it

Overall I learned what I needed to know fairly quickly, and the experiment acted as an interesting talking point about why people do some things and not others, and the relationships that boost and weaken their resolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment